Sunday, February 26, 2012

What's In My Bag?






Clutter Free Classroom challenge for week #7 was to show everyone our teacher bag.  I have to tell you what I love about it and what I wish were different.  Then she dared us to show you what was inside.


So here goes...


Here is a picture of my current teaching bag and lunchbox.  I think I am one of those people who have a bag obsession.  I have lots of them (an entire one side of my closet devoted to bags/the other side are shoes...ugh!).  The lunch bag is obviously from Thirty-one (I LOVE THIRTY-ONE BAGS!).  I think it is so cute with that little rosette on it.  The teacher bag is actually from Walmart.   I picked it out as a Christmas gift from my kids (Yes, I pick out my own gifts...that way I get what I want.  Does anyone else do this?).  It is awesome.  It is on wheels, it has a retractable handle, it has three zippered sections.  The front section, has lots of built in pockets for pens, cell-phone, credit cards, flash-drives, paperclips, and even a hook to hang your car keys/classroom keys from.  The two other zippered sections are very large.  One has a large velcro pocket that is a perfect size for my Mac Book.  The other pocket is a larger pocket that you can put anything (I keep my plastic file folders, teaching books, lesson plan book, etc. in this large pocket).  


I just love a dare, so here are two pics looking at all that I pulled out of my teacher bag today...


Amazingly, I really didn't have much in it!  Maybe because I just got it in December.  I am sure the picture would have looked entirely different in June.  The bag is so large, it could hold so much more.  I believe I could fit a total of three laptops in it if need be.


What do I love about this bag?  First, I love the fact that it is on wheels.  My last teacher bag was a shoulder bag.  I would have so much stuff in it each day that it would gouge into my shoulder as I carried to and from school.  Also, since it is on wheels, my seven year old daughter just loves to pull it back and forth from the car each day.  That leaves me with lots of extra hands to carry in my loot from Dollar Tree and Target, right?  Second, I love that this bag has large compartments.  I really can get a lot into this bag.  A lot more than my previous bag.  Third, I love the front zipper pocket that has lots of sewn in compartments for all the "little" stuff you bring back and forth to school (I can actually find my cell phone now when it rings and don't have to dig to the bottom of the bag.)


What do I wish was different?  I wish that it had a cute print like my Thirty-one bags.  Maybe I can liven it up with a ribbon or rosette like my lunch box.


Well, that's it.  That is what is in my bag.  What do use as a teacher bag?  What is in it?  Do you love Thirty-one bags like I do?  I know I am going to a Thirty-one party soon...my hubby better hide the credit cards!!!! (I think I need a few more hot pink rosettes.)


Happy Blogging!
Ann





5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your bags with us - love that yours rolls! my old bag was from Walmart & it lasted for a few years - the strap broke about a week ago, which was perfect as this new challenge came - I purchased 2 of the 31 bags & I am super excited, as mine did not have as much space as your appears to have:)

    ~Kimberlee~
    Two Fulbright Hugs
    Teacher Timesavers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 31 and bags in general. My teacher bag has been a vera bradley bag but the straps are starting to fray. I sometimes carry a resuable grocery bag my aunt gave me for christmas. It's linen and super cute. The other day I had my 31 lunch bag, that bag I just talked about, a 31 cinch backpack with my work out clothes, my laptop bag, and my fiance's lunchbox. Thanks for checking my blog out earlier and grabbing my Seuss freebies. I'm now one of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri,

      I am so glad you are here! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. I would love a 31 bag, they are so cute with the fun pattern and embroidered name!! Yours is very beautiful. I am also impressed by your organization skills.

    Amy
    The Crazy Adventures of a University Graduate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It is good to hear from you. Thirty-one bags are so beautiful, well organized, and strong. I can't wait to go to another thirty-one party and get some more.

      :) Ann

      Delete