Sunday, September 30, 2012

Five Little Monkeys

Hi all!

Letter Mm was filled with a lot of monkeying around in Room 8.

Here are some pics.


 This is my storytelling center.  I like to have out several items for them to use when retelling stories.  The items go out at this center once I have modeled how to use them.  This seems to cut out on too much monkeying around (If you know what I mean).


 This is a magnetic storyboard that I printed out and laminated from Making Learning Fun.  The children can manipulate the pieces as they retell the story.


 These are the paper plates that I found at the Dollar Tree over the summer .  I loved them so much that I bought 3 packs of them (If I see them again, I am going to have to stock up for the next 10 years).  I had enough for each child to make their own to take home and then I still had extras to use year after year.  They just loved acting out our innovation:  18 Little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed.  Oh, and the look on our AP's face was priceless when he walked in on the middle of our innovation with his little tablet thing-a-ma-giggy.  


 This is my Monkey Mitt (no pun intended).  I took a brown gardening glove bought at the Dollar Tree and used E6000 to glue the monkeys to the mitt.  They will never come off!  They will never get lost!  I just love that I solved that problem (Thank you Kimberly Jordano for introducing me to E6000 years ago.)  Also, there is a picture of the book that I used for shared reading this week.   I have a big book copy that I use as well.  By the end of the week, they can read it to me (I just love that Common Core allows us to go back to more of those "Whole Language" ways of teaching...man, did I just show my age with that comment.).


Here is the cute little craft we made during the Letter Mm week.  Each one turned out so cute.  They are hanging in our window with the words to our 18 Little Monkeys innovation words for the kids to read during read around the classroom.



Lastly, here is a cute pocket chart set that I purchased from Teacher's Pay Teachers.  It is by Betty B. and it is titled Five Little Monkeys Pocket Chart Poem.  Look it up and check it out!  My kids just loved manipulating the number words and the monkeys.  

So now that we are done Monkeying around we will be moving on to the letter Aa.  We will be having an apple-icious time in Kindergarten next week.  I am sure there will be a lot of apple tasting going on.   YUMMY!  YUMMY!  I just wish that we had apple orchards in Florida.  Bummer!

Do you ever "monkey around" in your classroom?

Until next time, happy blogging!
Ann


6 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS!!! This makes me wish I was teaching Kinder! How fun :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly! Teaching kindergarten has kept me young all these years. It is a lot of fun!

      Have a wonderful day!
      Ann

      Delete
  2. Steve,

    LOVE your blog! I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monkeys...my favorite part of going to visit the zoo.
    I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your cute ideas!

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete