Monday, September 24, 2012

Getting All My Ducks in Order

I can officially say...I believe I have gotten all of my ducks in row.  

SHHHHHHHHHHH!  Don't tell anyone I said that!  It might jinx it!

How long did that take?  

Seriously?  It only took 5 weeks this year!

Bam!  That's a record! (Insert applause here)

Is it just me or do you feel this way too at the beginning of the school year?  

It never fails!  Every year I am an eager beaver to get my room all set up and meet my new littles.  I can't sleep because I just want to get the ball rolling.

Then all those cutie patooties show up and all that anticipation is totally deflated and I resort to being OVERWHELMED AND EXHAUSTED!

Then after a few more weeks of teaching and preaching procedures...procedures...procedures...one morning you wake up and all your littles know EXACTLY what to do!

Everything amazingly falls into place.

That is what happened to me today!

I guess maybe it helped that we got another kindergarten teacher due to overcrowding which made my class go from 23 cuties to only 18.  

Wow!  I didn't think 5 kids could make that much of a difference but I could seriously hear myself think today.

And when the AP did a walkthrough with his little tablet thing-a-ma-jiggy, I didn't even fret.  Amazingly, all was under control and the decibels were set an exceptionally on-task level.  

Okay, that's enough talk about herding my ducks (especially because I don't want to jinx it).

Now that all is returning to a normal status, I look forward to sharing more with my blogging friends.
I have been taking lots of pictures of the fun learning taking place in my classroom and look forward to sharing some with you.

Until then...Happy Blogging!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment