Saturday, November 3, 2012

November Currently...and Overwhelmed

Hi all!

Wow!  It is November...already?

Where has the school year gone!

It seems like this school year is passing by so quickly for me...and I can't seem to fit everything in that I want to... or get caught up for that matter.  Ugh!!!!!

Anyhoo....it is that time again.

You know...Currently time.

Currently with Farley.

I thought I would at least take a moment or two for my little blog (who I have been terribly neglecting) to share what is CURRENTLY going on in my neck of the world.

So here goes...



Outside of teaching....did I mention that I have a family?  Yes, I have a wonderful husband who is so supporting of the astronomical amount of time I spend at school this year.  I have a intelligent/handsome son who is in middle school and a beautiful daughter who is in 2nd grade.

Does anyone feel like it is difficult these days to balance the expectations of home and school with all of these common core expectations?

I know I am currently living for the weekend because that is the ONLY time I really have to do laundry, clean house, and spend time with my family.  It seems that during the school week, I am so swamped between teaching, meetings, parent/teacher conferences, lesson planning, etc. etc. etc.  I come home and literally FALL into bed completely exhausted.

I keep searching for a happy balance...but I haven't found it yet.  I am sure it is out there...let me know if you have found it and please give me a clue of it's location.  LOL!

Enough of that!

Here are a few pics for you of what I have been doing in school...(unfortunately, I can't remember if I already shared these...blame it on the STRESS...so if I already did...please excuse me).

These images are of some of the Math Workstations that I have been using for the month of October.  Not sure at this moment where I got them from but I am sure I can search it down if you are truly interested (just let me know).



















My students have been working on fluency to 5 and after giving assessments last week, I had 100% mastery.  I am so proud of them!  Now we are moving on number through 10.

Of course, I have to go in to school tomorrow to change out my math workstations.  If I remember, I will take pics and share the new workstations.

If you have stuck with me for this long post, thanks for reading!

Oh, and don't forget to link up with Farley and tell us what is currently going on in your life.

Until next time...

Happy Blogging!
Ann

8 comments:

  1. I totally understand your balance conundrum! I feel like I have a million spinning plates and the weekend just isn't long enough to catch up!! Hopefully things can slow down a bit for you- your classroom looks so cute and those activities look great! Believe me, you're doing a wonderful job, even if the laundry isn't always folded ;)

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! Let's just say both of my kids have learned very quickly this year how to put away their own laundry. I guess their is a good side to everything.

      :) Ann

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I found your blog through the currently!! I totally feel your pain!!! I teach 5th grade and I have a million writing pieces to grade and NO time!!! I used to teach K and I LOVED it so much!!! But I had to let it go to move closer to home!!

    Kim
    http://literacysundae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,

      So glad you found me. Wow! You went from K to 5th. That is quite a climb. I am sure there are some good things about 5th as well. I have tutored 5th graders in writing before and just love their independence!

      Keep in touch and let me know how it is going!

      Ann :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm glad I found another kinder-blog!!!
    I love Jack Hartman too! I was able to meet him this summer in Vegas for the I teack K conference...it was AMAZING!!! He is so nice!!!

    I'm your newest follower too!
    Elizabeth
    Mrs. Hodge and Her Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth,

      Thanks for finding me! I love new K-blogs too! I am heading over your way now!

      Jack Hartman is awesome. He lives in Tampa, Florida and actually comes and does a personal concert at our school every April. He also has a FB page..."like" him. He is quite funny and will actually respond to all of your comments.

      Stay in touch!

      Ann :)

      Delete
  4. Yes! I feel like it is hard to balance family and school ALL THE TIME! I'm not sure if it is just because of the Common Core, but it is way overwhelming. I'm a new follower. Hang in there...
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly,

    Thanks for the positive words. Spent a few hours in my classroom today and feeling somewhat better. Hoping things can find a normal balance soon.

    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete