Friday, November 30, 2012

Kindergarten Conference.....and November in pictures

Wow!  What a day!

I took the day off!

Well, kind of!

I spent my day in Orlando at the SDE Kindergarten Conference.

I'm telling ya, there is nothing better than hanging out all day with a bunch of kindergarten teachers!  

I learned SO MUCH!  

Oh...and here is just one of the wonderful presenters I saw today...


 Yes, that is THE DEANNA JUMP!  

What an inspiring and creative teacher!

I can't wait to use some of the wonderful ideas that she shared in my classroom.

So, that is how I spent my day!  I am one happy, but slightly overwhelmed girl right now!

Anywho...Can you believe that this is the last day of November?  Where did this month go?

We have been busy, busy, busy learning!  We are at that time of the year that I just love.  You know...the time of year when procedures have become habitual...when the classroom can pretty much run itself.  That time of year when you can just sit back and enjoy the "hum" of a classroom filled with fully engaged learners.  IT IS THE MOST HEAVENLY TIME OF YEAR.

Here are some pics of what we have been doing this month...

 Pattern Block Math Numbers from Making Learning Fun

 Seasonal Number Cover Ups
(leaves are table scatter from Dollar Tree)
(Number cards came from a blog, but I can't remember where. If you know, leave a comment that way I can give credit where it is due.)

 Ten Frame Building Cards
(leaves are table scatter from Dollar Tree)



 Seasonal Number Cover Up
(I love how this child incorporated patterning as well into the cover up game.)

 Native American Craft
(notice the patterned headband)

 Our cute turkeys

 Native American Head Bands
(notice the pattern on the front)

Fall Wreaths
The poem on the wreath was at our pocket chart center for them to practice reading.
(yellow paper plates and leaves from Dollar Tree)

Well, that's just a taste of some of our learning in November!  

Now onto December!  We will be kicking the month off with our Gingerbread Man Unit.

Do you have any cute ideas to use with The Gingerbread Man?  I would love for you to share.

Happy Blogging!

Ann





No comments:

Post a Comment