Friday, July 6, 2012

Fabulous Find Friday

So, I know everyone loves to find something FABULOUS (and so worth the $$$) when you are out partaking in retail therapy.

Therefore,  I thought I would share my FABULOUS FIND of the week (because just maybe you need one of these too).

First of all, let me set the stage...my classroom has a beach theme.  Thus, each year I use a "treasure box" as a positive reward system with my students. It houses large items (that are donated) and comes out every Friday.

I also use treasure buckets.  These are sand buckets that have smaller items in them.  These stay out everyday.  I may have to do a separate post on these too (Note to self!).

For the past few years, my treasure box has simply been a large, clear Sterlite Container.

I know, that's not very cute, is it?  I simply wrote "Treasure Box" on the side in bubble letters to fancy it up a bit, but it really was Blah!

I knew I wanted something a bit cuter but just couldn't find that special something, until about a week ago.

While visiting my sister in Tampa, we were doing some therapy at her local Walmart.  As we were looking in the homegoods section, they had a small area devoted to colorful cloth bins and organizers to use in kids bedrooms (cute stuff...nice colors too).  Amongst all of home organizers I see this...


Yes, it is a REAL treasure box.  Well, it's actually made of plastic but it look's like a real one.  And, it is just as large as my boring Sterlite container.

I was so excited!

And the best part, they had them in a variety of bright colors.  Of course, I didn't see any in pink or blue which are my classroom colors, but I decided to overlook that minor detail especially after seeing the price.

Are you ready for it?

This little bad boy only cost me a whopping $19.97...$9.97...$4.97!

BAM! Now that's a deal!

So of course, without hesitation, I placed one in my buggy and proudly went to the checkout isle to pay for my precious, new treasure box.

I am thinking that I must decorate it up a bit more, but I just haven't decided what to do with it. Knowing me, it will probably end up with some bling or maybe just polkadots.

Anyway...now I can't wait to fill this little cutie-patootie and display it in my beach themed classroom.

Oh, and an added benefit for me...now I can use that boring, clear Sterlite container to house something else.  Maybe all those wonderful freebies that I keep getting from all my blogging friends.

So that is my FABULOUS FIND.  Have you found anything fabulous this summer?  Let me know about it!

Until then, happy blogging!
Ann


6 comments:

  1. One of my blogging friends just told me about that yesterday!! I have a pirate theme in my classroom so I can't wait to head over to Walmart & snatch that right up! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's a great deal. I might even go buy an extra (just in case).

      :) Ann

      Delete
  2. I decorated mine a little using vinyl: feel free to check it out: http://downthelearingroad.blogspot.com/2012/06/craftiness-and-my-favorite-things-linky.html Hope this helps with a little inspiration :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,

    Thanks for sharing. I will check out your post. I love seeing what other's are doing.

    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that treasure box. I don't really like going to walmart but I have some gifts to take back so I'll have to get one of those. I have a treasure box but it's ugly and overflowing. A new container would be perfect for a clean out. Thanks for sharing.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete