Hello blogging friends! I was just wondering if any of my fellow bloggers out there use iPad's or iTouches in the classroom. If so...do you have any favorite apps?
Last year one of our wonderful teachers wrote a grant to the Apple Corporation and our school benefited greatly! Our school and several other schools in the area received $750,000 worth of Apple Technology to use in the classroom. In kindergarten, we all have one MacBook, one iPad and four iTouches. I am currently learning how to use this AWESOME technology and trying to find the most effective way to use it in the classroom. I have found that I can use the four iTouches as a work station and I am currently using the iPad during whole group and small group instruction. Also, the kids will do JUST ABOUT ANYTHING to use the iPad so I use it as a reward on those "special" occasions. The MacBook is mostly used as a charging station and another computer with internet capability.
Anyway... here are a few of my favorite apps:
1. Little Speller 3 Letters/Little Reader 3 Letters (made by Grasshopper Apps)
2. Letter of the Day (made by Lakeshore and is free until December)
3. Sound Sorting (made by Lakeshore and is free until December)
4. Candy Count (made by Camigo Media and it is free...there is another version you can pay for that is just as awesome)
5. Howie Hungry Monster (Build Words) (made by PlaySmart)
I would love to hear from you about your favorite apps. Most of the ones that I listed are free, but I am more than willing to pay for an app if it is great to use with my kindergarten students.
Thanks for visiting my little blog. I am a newbie in the blogging world and I get so excited when I see new faces following me. It makes me feel special! :)