Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tag...You're It! x2

Well, it happened.   I have finally been tagged on the playground.  Not once, but twice.

The first tag came from Kelly over at... 


My second tag came from Ms. D. over at...


So here are the rules of this game of tag:
  • Post these rules.
  • Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you.
  • Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you are about to tag.
So here goes...
Kelly's Questions:
1. What is your funniest teaching moment or story?
     Oh...so many...but this year I have a little guy in my room who likes to talk to himself.  At first I thought he had imaginary friends, but I have come to the realization, that he just talks to himself.  No one believed me that he would carry on a full conversation with himself; so, one day I put my iPad 2 to good use.  I set it up and pressed the record button.  I have about 20 minutes of a full on conversation that this little guy had with himself.  Of course, I ONLY shared it with my team members, but would love if I could share it with America's Funniest Home Videos.  

2. What is your worst teaching experience?
     There is nothing worse than chairs being thrown at you and watching a little one rip apart your entire classroom in a fit of rage.  Thank goodness I haven't had another student like that in a few years.  I hope I never experience that again.

3. What other careers did you consider (if any)?
     I took an entire year of courses to be a paralegal.  What was I thinking?  I am excellent at typing and shorthand.

4. What is your favorite movie?
     Pride and Prejudice...awesome movie!

5. What is the best NON children's book that you have ever read?
     Mr. Darcy's Diary  

6. What will you spend your time doing this summer?
     Entertaining my two children...I usually take them on several short vacations.  My husband owns a rental stand on Daytona Beach and he can't take much time off in the summer.   Therefore, it is up to mom to make sure that they enjoy their summer vacation.

7. What kinds of school things do you bring home in your "teacher" bag to work on? Do you get them done or take them back to school undone?
     After 19 years, very little comes home with me...most of the stuff that I work on at night mostly need the computer (printing out games and such from blogs).

8. How do you spend your time outside of the school day?
     Scrapbooking, reading, photography, blogging, traveling, and taking my kids to their piano lessons and dance lessons

9.  If you played & won the lottery, how would you spend the money? Would you continue to teach?
     If I won the lottery, I am not sure what I would do.  I would like to say that I would continue to teach, but I would love to travel around the world.

10. What is the most exciting/interesting place you have visited for a vacation?
Guatemala...my husband and I took a cruise a few years back and we visited Guatemala.  It was probably the most friendliest place we have ever visited.  Absolutely beautiful!

Ms. D's Questions:
1. What made you want to become a teacher?
     My husband's mother is a retired kindergarten teacher.  I was in my first year of college, in the paralegal program.  She invited me to assist in her classroom one day.  One day turned into one week.  One week turned into one month.  At the end of the semester, I changed my degree to elementary education.  It was the best thing I ever did.

2.  What are your hobbies?
     Scrapbooking, reading, blogging, photography, traveling

3.  What one piece of advice would you give a new teacher on the first day of school?
     The same advice that one of my college professors gave me many years ago..."The tone of your voice will control the tone of your classroom."  This has always been true for me.  If I get excited...they get excited.  If I stay calm and collected...they stay calm and collected.

4.  If you weren't teaching, what would you like to do for a career?
     I would LOVE to be a professional photographer.  It is an awesome hobby of mine and I dibble in it on the side.  I have even made a little bit of money doing it.  If I had more time, I would probably be more serious about it.

5.  Teaching pet peeves?
     It drives me crazy when I hear a child say that they can't do something.  I have always believed that if you say you can't do something, you never will.  I always encourage my students to try.

6.  Do you still write a newsletter?
     Not really.  Our school does one and I mostly communicate through e-mails.  It seems to be enough communication and it saves paper.

7.  If so, how often?
     Our school newsletter goes home every week.  I send home a mass e-mail approximately once a week.

8.  What is the one thing you can't live without (teaching-wise)?
     My Macbook (blogs!)

9.  What one professional resource do you use often?
     Debbie Diller's  Math Work Stations

10.  How many days are left in your year?
     40 (Yes, I am counting!)

Now...who should I tag!  I have not been given a set number and I know that many of my blogging friends have already been tagged out there.  However, I have a co-worker who has two blogs and I know she hasn't been tagged.  So this one is for you!  I am officially tagging, Meredith over at

Here are your questions:
1.  What made you want to become a teacher?
2.  What are your hobbies?
3.  What one piece of advice would you give a new teacher on the first day of school?
4.  If you weren't teaching, what would you like to do for a career?

5.  Teaching pet peeves?
6.  Do you still write a newsletter?

7.  If so, how often?
8.  What is the one thing you can't live without (teaching-wise)?
9.  What one professional resource do you use often?
10.  How many days are left in your year?

Happy Tagging!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment