Thursday, August 11, 2011

Painting Cookie Sheets

Since we have company in town, I really don't have time to work in my classroom (which is very difficult for me).  Therefore, I am spending any extra time that I find working on various projects for my classroom and painting cookie sheets seems to be the easiest.  I have painted various cookie sheets to go along with stories that I read often in the classroom, my favorite being Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  It is an easy project to do.  Here are some that I found on different websites that you may be interested in adapting for your classroom.

This one can be found at Kim Adsit's website.

This one can be found at Kimberly Jordano's website.

  My Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Retelling Cookie Sheet has a palm tree painted on it.  After it is dry, you can use a set of magnetic letters to model retelling the story with the children.  After modeling it a few times, it can be placed at a retelling center with a copy of the book for your students to practice their retelling skills.
     If you are interested in more stories that can be painted onto cookie sheets, please contact me and I can share some other ideas.  Enjoy!

Respectfully,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment