I don't know about the rest of you, but I am counting down! I know that there are 30 more school days until summer vacation. Oh the anticipation is going to kill me!
Anyway, this is that time of year that I like to start making lists and thinking about how I should spend my summer vacation.
While searching Pinterest for ideas, I found this awesome Linky Party...
So here goes...
My Summer Projects
- Clean out and organize my school "teaching materials" closet.
- Delve more into the Common Core Standards and complete my "yearly" focus plans for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Paint my two large blue shelves in my classroom.
- Sand and resurface my kitchen cabinets, paint my kitchen/breakfast nook/family room, add new hardware to my kitchen cabinets (ideally, I would like to add new flooring too, but that is on my husbands "to do" list for the fall).
- Work in my new, larger backyard and add an outdoor fire pit (we purchased the house next to us as a rental property and enlarged our backyard).
- Learn how to use Google Docs so that I can make some great freebies to share with all of you.
My Summer Fun
- Annual family vacation to Disney's Fort Wilderness.
- Annual vacation to the west coast of Florida to spend time with the cousins.
- Multiple trips with the kids to Sea World (we have yearly passes).
- Swim with the dolphins at Marineland Florida.
- Several road trips with my kiddos (there are so many neat places to visit in Florida and we like to make a list of our favorites and see how many we can visit during our break).
- Annual Girl Cruise with my besties (Oh yeah! A bunch of teachers on a cruise without kids! SO MUCH FUN!).
That pretty much sums my summer up. I have a lot that I want to do and a short time to do it. This summer break is only 8 weeks long. I know it is going to fly by since I have several workshops that I am attending and presenting as well for my district/school.
What do you have planned for your summer vacation? Go link up and tell us about it.